HOW TO PAY EVEN LESS WITH PET INSURANCE WELLNESS COVERAGE
There are many pet insurance companies but most do not offer "Wellness coverage". Wellness coverage refers to services that are an expected part of pet ownership: vaccinations, flea/parasite protection products, microchipping, spay/neuter, and - yes - teeth cleaning. If you have been considering pet insurance and are looking for a plan that covers wellness expenses in addition to accident/illness insurance, this may be a good time to sign up and have the insurance company pay for your pet's dental care. There are two companies we would like you to consider:
|EMBRACE PET INSURANCE
|NATIONWIDE PET INSURANCE
- Sign up for an accident/illness plan with any deductible you choose.
- Add a wellness plan which reimburses you for $250, $450, or $650 per year in wellness services.
- You will then have insurance for future illness or injuries your pet may suffer PLUS enough wellness insurance to cover teeth cleaning.
- There is no deductible for wellness services with Embrace; you simply get $250, $450, or $650 per year for whatever wellness services you want.
- There is no waiting period for wellness insurance. This means you can sign up the morning of your pet's teeth cleaning and they will be cutting your reimbursement check, potentially for the full amount you paid, as soon as the next day.
How much you pay depends on the accident illness plan you pick and how much wellness coverage you want. You can pick your own options and see exactly how much they will cost at:
Plus when you sign up, you get a $25 credit on your hospital account with us.
- Sign up the plan called "Whole Pet with Wellness" and get an annual $250 deductible.
- Wait 2 weeks for service to begin.
- You will get 90% reimbursement for future illness and wellness services with no maximum.
- This means when your pet has teeth cleaning, you pay $250 and they reimburse you for 90% of the rest.
- They also reimburse you for 90% of any other services you have done for the rest of the year.
- But you have to wait 2 weeks after you sign up before it starts.
For details on how much it costs, visit:
as pricing will vary depending on your pet's age, breed, etc.
There are other insurance companies with Wellness plans, but from what we have seen their payout for dentistry is meager. If you know a good plan besides the two listed above, let us know.