Would you like an eMail each month when this page is updated?
Click here and ask to be notified whenever a new “What’s New” page is added.
NATIONAL VETERINARY DENTAL MONTH IS HERE
(AND WE'VE EXTENDED IT TO MARCH 15TH)
25% OFF ON TEETH CLEANING INCLUDING LAB WORK
TO GET THE DISCOUNT YOUR PET MUST BE SCHEDULED BY MARCH 15TH
LAST CHANCE FOR THIS PRICING
FOR PRICING DETAILS - CLICK HERE
WE WILL BE CLOSED
SUNDAY, APRIL 1ST
OUR HOSPITAL NOW OFFERS PAYMENT PLANS THROUGH SCRATCHPAY
Scratchpay offers loans for veterinary services.
How does it work?
- You will need to have a textable phone, and the ability to communicate electronically.
- Go to ScratchPay.com and fill out information about your pet and yourself, and choose our hospital as the payment recipient.
- Indicate the amount of money you wish to borrow. (It's helpful if you go on the high side of the estimate. If you end up needing less, you will only receive what you need.)
- It takes only moments to see the amount you are approved to borrow and three payment plan options, including an interest free plan if the amount is paid off within 30 days.
- Pick one of the payment options and you are good to go.
- Application does not alter or effect your credit rating.
NEW REBATE SYSTEM FOR CONVENIA, RIMADYL, AND REVOLUTION
Zoetis Animal Health has revised its program starting Feb 15th 2018. Here's how it works:
- Sign up at ZoetisPetCare.com/Rewards
- Every time you make a qualifying purchase, upload your receipt to your account and you will be assigned points.
- Whenever you have at least $10 in points, you can cash in your points for a VISA Gift Card.
- The VISA Gift Card you receive is for use at our hospital and can be used towards medical services, pet food, or any purchase with us.
Rimadyl: When you buy a 30 count bottle of brand name Rimadyl you get 70 points ($7) for the 75 mg bottle or 90 points ($9) for the 100 mg bottle.
Revolution: When you buy a 6 dose box, you get 150 points ($15), a 3 dose box gives you 50 points ($5).
Convenia (dogs over 20 lbs only): When your dog gets a convenia injection you get points by weight. For 20-30 lb dogs, you get 100 points ($10), dogs (31-49 lbs) get 200 points ($20), and dogs 50 lbs and over get 300 points ($30).
THIS PROGRAM REPLACES THE FREE DOSE PLAN THAT HAS BEEN IN USE FOR OVER A DECADE.
PLEASE NOTE REWARDS ARE FOR FUTURE SERVICES/PRODUCTS AT OUR HOSPITAL.
DID YOU KNOW... there have been 5 pet food recalls in March 2018 as of March 6th?
There have been several pet food recalls in the news but what does that really mean? How does a pet food come to be recalled? How are you, as a pet owner, supposed to find out about all these recalls? Here are some concepts to be aware of:
- There are two types of recall: involuntary (i.e. ordered by the FDA) or voluntary (by the pet food company).
- Voluntary recalls are usually precautionary.
- It may seem like there is a huge number of pet food recalls but the number of human food recalls is actually vastly larger. (See the USDA active food recall list here:
- Foods are recalled for many reasons. Contamination with an infectious agent or chemical is one of them but foods can also be recalled if there is any discrepancy with the label.
HOW TO FIND OUT ABOUT NEW RECALLS?
The American Veterinary Medical Association uses Twitter:
Or you can check this web site:
WHAT IF YOU ARE FEEDING A RECALLED FOOD?
Well, first of all, stop feeding it. Second, call the manufacturer (their contact information is a requirement for a pet food label) and get your refund. Next, check with us to see if there is anything precautionary to watch for.
Larger pet food companies own their own factories and use extensive quality control protocols. Smaller companies contract out to independent factories and often cannot maintain the same standards because of the expense. Very small companies that do not ship across state lines may not be federally regulated. Raw foods are especially vulnerable to contamination.
For additional information, here are some links:
Our Hospital Would Like To Thank Everyone Who Has Referred A Friend!
|This month we would especially like to thank for referrals in February:
Thank you for your continued confidence in our work.
Did you know that when you refer a friend and they come in for medical services, you get a $25 referral credit?
We'd love to meet your friends and family and all their pets! Make sure they tell us that you sent them.
Dr. Jenny Johnson's Next Day For Chiropractic Is
THURSDAY March 29TH.
Chiropractic adjustment is especially helpful for musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, and helpful for many other conditions.
We offer chiropractic therapy monthly.
Please call 310-392-6741 to schedule evaluation/appointment.
Please allow 24 hours for processing of medication refills. Thank you.
Popular Topics from Past Newsletters